I spend some good quality time on the99percent.com a project of Behance.com. This site was suggested by my bright friend Rukesh Patel ( @rukeshnet ). Behance empowers creative professionals to make ideas happen.
The 99% is Behance’s research arm and think tank. Taking its name from Thomas Edison’s famous quote that “genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration,” the 99% includes a daily web magazine, an annual conference, and the best-selling book “Making Ideas Happen.” Through articles, tips, videos, and events, we share best practices that help creative professionals move beyond idea generation into idea execution.
Some of the really good articles on 99% include
- 10 Laws of Productivity
- The Top 5 Qualities of Productive Creatives (And How to Identify Them!)
- The 40-30-30 Rule: Why Risk Is Worth It
- The Key to Creating Remarkable Things
- Michael Bierut: 5 Secrets from 86 Notebooks
- Francis Ford Coppola: On Risk, Money, Craft & Collaboration
- What We Can Learn from Babies: Experimentation, Failure & Creative Genius
- Why Your Inner Critic Is Your Best Friend
- Scott Belsky: How To Avoid The Idea Generation Trap
- The 1-Step Plan for Super-Productivity
Actually, everything on the website is a gem. Go have a look at http://www.the99percent.com
And yes, Behance has also created a amazing software tool to make your ideas happen, check out ActionMethod.com