This week’s links:
- Top Mobile Internet Trends: Mary Meeker presentation.
- The Rise of Generation C: from strategy+business. “How to prepare for the Connected Generation’s transformation of the consumer and business landscape.”
- Articles on the enablers of Egypt’s Revolution: NYTimes, broadstuff, Foreign Policy.
- New cities in India along the Delhi-Mumbai corridor: An interview in DNA with Amitabh Kant. “In many ways India is a late starter in terms of new urbanisation. This was because India’s policy-makers were obsessed with rural development. They believed that it would be possible to create enough jobs in rural areas. To my mind this is not possible. The moment you create enough jobs, you turn a rural area into an urban area.”
- Secrets of a Mind-gamer: from the New York Times. “How I trained my brain and became a world-class memory athlete.”
Rajesh Jain is an entrepeneur based in Mumbai, Founder and Managing Director of Netcore Solutions Pvt Ltd (messaging and security solutions, and mobile data services), and have made a number of investments in various companies as part of his own fund (Emergic Venture Capital). He had earlier set up IndiaWorld, India’s first Internet portal which was launched in 1995, which was acquired by Sify in November 1999 for USD 115 million (then, Rs 499 crore).