This week’s links:
- Little Bets Are The Ones That Turn Into Billion-Dollar Ideas: by Peter Sims. “Small bets are affordable and achievable ways to learn about problems and opportunities, while big bets are for capitalizing upon them.”
- Whom should a start-up hire? by . “Choose attitude over aptitude.” (via Mahesh)
- Economist special report on the future of the State: “The state almost everywhere is big, inefficient and broke. It needn’t be, says John Micklethwait.”
- India needs new policy makers: by Atanu Dey.”[India] needs policymakers (political leaders and bureaucrats) whose objectives are development oriented. But India has policymakers whose objective is personal enrichment, development be damned.”
- India Today Conclave: Some excellent sessions – the videos are now available.
Rajesh Jain is an entrepeneur based in Mumbai, Founder and Managing Director of Netcore Solutions Pvt Ltd (messaging and security solutions, and mobile data services), and have made a number of investments in various companies as part of his own fund (Emergic Venture Capital). He had earlier set up IndiaWorld, India’s first Internet portal which was launched in 1995, which was acquired by Sify in November 1999 for USD 115 million (then, Rs 499 crore).