The Action Method is a radical approach to productivity and project management. Get Organized and make your ideas happen.
The Action Method organizes all your projects into their most basic elements
- ACTION STEPS are tasks that need to be completed. Each Action Step should start with a verb: “Call Y,” “Follow up with X,” “Buy a gift for Z.”
- REFERENCES are notes, links, files, sketches – any information related to a project that gives context to your Action Steps.
- BACKBURNERS are the brilliant ideas that you want to come back to later, but are not yet actionable.
- DISCUSSIONS enable you to manage ongoing conversations across all of your projects with anyone that works with you. All relevant communications (shared documents, solutions to problems, feedback, decisions) are in one place.
- EVENTS are the key occasions/meetings/milestones/etc toward which you (and your team) are working. Events can be used to coordinate deadlines for Action Steps, aiding project management.